Followers of Set:
Forgive me. This had to happen.
Welp, there you have it. oWoD vampire clans at a glance.
Describe me using only TV Tropes tropes.
DUDE YES THIS IS AWESOME
I’m really curious, let’s give this a shot!
do the thing
"You know the fucked-up favors people ask Tzimecie for? ‘I want a dorsal fin!’"
The Tzimisce may be one of the most interesting elements of Vampire: the Masquerade that wasn’t ported to Requiem. A lot of the time, they’re kind of an excuse for dumb grossout nonsense (plus “I’m going to fleshcraft this guy to look like a penis, LOL!”), but the thematic elements of being able to sculpt flesh like clay and the kind of experimentation and bizarre art that this entails is actually legitimately fascinating. I honestly wouldn’t mind exploring it in a game, if that didn’t mean having to deal with the baggage of oWoD Sabbat. I guess I could always look into playing a Dark Ages game, or just port the clan over as a bloodline.
It’s no secret that I like Lady Knights like, a lot. I put together a little randomizer as a sort of exercise. Then I thought, why not share it?
So here’s the thing. Five categories of traits. Pick three and run with it! Bonus challenge: do all five categories. And of course you’re free to add to the categories if what you want isn’t in there. Have fun with it! Don’t forget to tag #Lady Knights so I can see the cool stuff you come up with!
Here’s my starter to kick things off: Fists, Top Heavy, Nervous, Indian, Shark/Piscine.
i got polearm, petite, vain, japanese, boar idk how to add the boar tho so whatever
First, this is a good meme. I can’t art, but I hope others take inspiration from it. I’m sad, too; I got a sword (or, as I prefer to think of it, kopesh)-swinging cranky Egyptian knight. This character sounds amazing.
Second, how to incorporate the animal: The most obvious possibility is as an animal companion or mount—a knight riding a giant boar sounds awesome. Other possibilities include heraldry, letting it influence the character’s design (the knight might be stocky with a bristly crew-cut if she’s likened to a boar), making the knight an animal-girl to one degree or another, incorporating the animal into the animal design as per the Indian shark-knight above, and incorporating the aspect into the knight’s weapon (most obviously for a boar, by giving her a boar spear). There are other possibilities, and they’d be fun to explore, I think.
I look forward to seeing artings from this prompt. :-D
Wish you could have a dinosaur as a pet? Us too. Here’s a guide to best pet dinosaurs, by species.
Crucial knowledge. I guess if you really HAVE to have a dinopet you could get a chicken?
A lot of fantasy settings include extant non-bird dinosaurs, just because it’s cool, but they’re always dangerous beasts out in the wild. I’ve always been intrigued by the idea of humans living alongside such creatures long enough to start domesticating them. Would we see humans riding swift gallimimus? Using triceratops to haul things? Herding sheep with dog-like velociraptors? Petting a compsagnathus curled into their arm like a cat?
When I used to think about Voldemort’s horcruxes I imagined a soul divided in equal portions residing in the different horcruxes and Voldemort himself. I realised that this can’t be true in The Half-Blood Prince Slughorn describes making a horcrux as splitting ones soul in two. This means that when Riddle made his Diary into a horcrux he split his soul in half and physically removed one half from his body and placed it in the diary. This means that he only had half of his soul left when he made his next horcrux, Marvolo’s ring. This half would have been split in half leaving only a quarter in Voldemort’s body. This goes on and on the amount of soul remaining in Voldemort halving each time he makes a horcrux until he had only 1/128 or 0.78125% left in his body. As shown in the graph above. So next time you wonder why Voldemort could have done some of things he did, remember how little human he had left in him. I don’t know about you but I think that this is crazy.
Come on guys, I didn’t do maths for 14 notes
harry had more voldemort in him than voldemort did
It occurs to me that one of the big questions is why Voldemort, despite being so insanely powerful, never thinks to use a different horrible murder spell on people. When you look at it, Avada Kadavra seems almost merciful; if he’d decided to get nasty and perform the bowel-inversion spell on Harry rather than insisting on the one spell that the kid was shielded against, then the whole series would’ve ended right there.
This may have something to do with it, then. We have no idea how much the soul is linked to magical power in the Potterverse, but some kind of link isn’t too hard to postulate. It’s possible that, by the time of the last books in the series, Voldemort was drained of most of his magical power by the continued degradation of the spell. A quick glance through the HP Wiki suggests that he doesn’t actually use many spells that aren’t horrific Dark Arts—thus, he doesn’t use many spells that actually require his soul. So that leaves all of his magical power and knowledge to use the kind of magic that you CAN use with a fucked-up soul—the magic of hatred, rage, and vileness. The Unforgivable Curses, the Horcrux-creation spells, the Dark Mark, the spell that brings down Hogwarts’ defenses.
So, long story short: It’s possible that almost the only spell we see Voldemort cast is Avada Kedavra, because that’s almost the only spell that he’s able to cast anymore thanks to his jacked-up soul. The idea rests on a shaky bed of speculation, but it makes a certain amount of sense, I think.
Just remember. There is no such thing as a fake geek girl.
There are only fake geek boys.
Science fiction was invented by a woman.
Specifically a teenage girl. You know, someone who would be a part of the demographic that some of these boys are violently rejecting.
yo mary shelley wrote frankenstein in 1818 and isaac asimov was born in 1920 so you kinda get my point
#in love wit hthis post#except i think there’s a woman who came before shelley who inspired her???#i remember seeing a post like this but with that addendum and haven’t been able to find it again#i hope i can tho since she seems fascinating
YEAH SO STRAP IN MOTHERFUCKERS I’M ABOUT TO TELL YOU ABOUT MARGARET “MAD MADGE” CAVENDISH
- she wrote the first science-fiction novel, a century and a half before Frankenstein. It has bear-men and spider-men and ZOMBIE ARMIES and FISH-MEN WITH BOMBS.
- she was the first woman to publish her autobiography
- she was all into science and hung out with the Royal Society and was bros with Hobbes and Descartes
- she was super-shy but at the same time wanted to be super-famous (“though I cannot be Henry the Fifth, or Charles the Second; yet, I will endeavour to be, Margaret the First: and, though I have neither Power, Time nor Occasion, to be a great Conqueror, like Alexander, or Cesar; yet, rather than not be Mistress of a World, since Fortune and the Fates would give me none, I have made One of my own”) and she wore CRAZY OUTFITS and Samuel Pepys was all like “I SAW THE DUCHESS OF NEWCASTLE TODAY YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE CRAZY SHIT SHE WAS WEARING SHE’S REALLY HOT THO”
- she wrote a TON of stuff, poetry and drama and natural philosophy and a lot of it wasn’t that good because she wasn’t educated and some people thought she was a nutcase for being a WOMAN who WROTE THINGS but she just COULD NOT STOP WRITING
- this passage: “but of the second rank are for the most part those we call Insects, whose production proceds from such causes as have no conformity or likeness with their produced Effects; as for example, Maggots bred out of Cheese, and several others generated out of Earth, Water, and the like. But said the Empress, there is some likeness between Maggots and Cheese; for Cheese has no blood, nor Maggots neither; besides, they have almost the same taste which Cheese has. This proves nothing, answered they; for Maggots have a visible, local, progressive motion, which Cheese hath not. The Empress replied, That when all the Cheese was turned into Maggots, it might be said to have local, progressive motion. They answered, That when the Cheese by its own figurative motions was changed into Maggots, it was no more Cheese”
- I know I’m forgetting more awesome stuff about her but tl;dr SHE WAS AWESOME
This post got better.
“though I cannot be Henry the Fifth, or Charles the Second; yet, I will endeavour to be, Margaret the First: and, though I have neither Power, Time nor Occasion, to be a great Conqueror, like Alexander, or Cesar; yet, rather than not be Mistress of a World, since Fortune and the Fates would give me none, I have made One of my own”
I think I have a new hero.
(Thinking that Asimov invented science fiction is a spectacular failure on so many levels. Even some of the big male luminaries in the genre were older than him—fucking no one can argue that Wells and Verne weren’t writing science fiction—but Shelley had them all beat, and so, apparently, did the Duchess of Newcastle.)
cephesus asked: I did also have a thought about setting a Prom game well into the 23rd or 24th century when Promethians have been discovered and revealed and are used as scouts and explorers for potential planets for human expansion. Keeping them away from Humanity where the disquiet can do no harm and their high resistance to damage and durability can be used to great effect.
That would be really cool! It would definitely be a challenge to work it out so that being revealed to the world and being used in this way, far away from humans, didn’t dilute the themes of alienation and transformation that define Promethean.
On the other hand, I’ve seen these themes done well with robots (Data in Star Trek, Bishop in Aliens), and I could see a world where it’s done with Prometheans.
WoD: Mirrors - Infinite Macabre: Space Opera in the World of Darkness
- Prometheans-as-clones used for dangerous work? Certainly.
- Alien alchemy and never-before-seen lineages? Why not?
- A “reanimated” Promethean planet, emanating Disquiet into the void? Sure.
- Pandorans as necromorph infestation? You betcha.
Created by a monster in human flesh. Exiled beyond the edge of the wilderness, farther than another person than anyone has ever been. Tasked by people who barely tolerate your existence to bring about a grand transmutation on the scale of a planet’s biosphere. Knowing that if you ever return to civilization, you’ll be destroyed, and that if you find yourself in danger out there in the alien wilds, you’re decades away from rescue.
Yeah, sounds pretty Prometheany to me.
huntersilver asked: Silver. As if I was some sort of hunter of it. Yes. Silver.
If you hunt for silver, doesn’t that suggest you shouldn’t be handing it out willy-nilly?
Green - I like you but not a crush
Blue - I have a crush on you
Orange - I think you’re beautiful
Yellow - I think you’re hot
Red - I love you
Pink - Be my valentine
Purple - I want a second chance
Silver - I miss you
Gold - I used to like you
Doofy meme is go.
Page 1 of 395